Thursday, September 6, 2012

Star Wars 3-D Reissue

Many of us remember growing up and we all had favorite movies, some of us animation classics like The Lion King, and others like I remember Sci-Fi films, such as many peoples' favorite Star Wars saga. Lucasfilms recently reissued the "Phantom Menace" in 3D which gave a healthy gross of around $43.5 million. Lucasfilms recently released that they will be releasing into theaters "Star Wars: Attack of The Clones" and "Revenge of The Sith" in 2013, in 3 week encraments. By doing this Lucasfilms hopes to create a fan filled atmosphere in that time and will double as a successfull marketing strategy. It is believed that even after that the remaining three movies will be reissued in a six week time period.

Growing up Star Wars was my all time favorite movie saga, I saw every Star Wars movie as one package and thats why I loved the story so much. This article just excited me because it will bring back old favorites in a new way to view them. I loved each movie and I assume that many others do as well, this may be a great event for all Star Wars fans such as myself who grew up with those movies.

This event may impact me as a filmmaker because of the fact that it can revive old favorites into a newer generation who may fall in love with the old saga. This strategy could be used by other filmmakers to revive old favorites. Recently announced was the release of the remake of the old war classic "Red Dawn" which may give clue to maybe many other filmakers deciding in doing remakes and re-releasing old classics into new blood.

Will many more filmmakers, directors, producers, etc. decide in remaking old classics? I certainly hope so, I honestly haven't been this excited for movies released in such a short length of time in so long. I want to know how many more classics will enter the movie screen in the future.

Full Article at LA Times

5 comments:

  1. I feel like its okay for some movies to come back in 3D but I sure hope they don't over do it. 3D vision just distracts you from the meaning of a film. Don't get me wrong, some films actually NEED the 3D vision because the plot isn't enough like The Green Hornet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Green Hornet was bad in 2D too. I had no clue that they even had it in 3D. But Seth Rogen should not have been casted to play the part of the Green Hornet in the first place. But back to the main topic. They should stop rereleasing Star Wars movies. They already ruined the old ones with extra content, and now if Star Wars fans anywhere have the least bit of respect for the movie, they should protest it being made in 3D. It will just ruin the saga.

      Delete
  2. I 100% agree with Jose Muro, 3D doesn't really let you enjoy the movie. They should stop making all these orignal films 3D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some movies are nice to come back in 3D because they offer a new experience, but like Jose said, it should not be overdone. Too much of 3D for unnecessary movies can actually backfire because sometimes there is no point for such technique. Before 3D became a big hit, everyone watched all their movies in 2D and enjoyed the movies all the same. So now it is a bit ironic for 3D movies to draw more complaints even though they are meant to be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Star Wars is my favorite movie! I hate 3D though. I think it is just a fad that will soon die out as it did in the past. I wish they would stop milking 3D for all its got!

    ReplyDelete